• If the point of escape or point last seen is near a busy street, highway, turnpike or freeway.
• The dog went missing in the early evening or when it was dark.
• Poisonous snakes are known to be in area of the escape.
• Dogs that readily approach small rodents
and reptiles in play or aggression are more at risk.
• Dog is not
a finicky eater.
• Mice, snails, scorpions are present and poisons
are put out by neighbors or others to combat them.
• Chemical poisons,
coolant, etc. are accessible and pet is not a finicky eater.
The dog is shy and frightened and tends to bolt and run when frightened.
• Open well, sump holes, mines are known to be in the area and are not well fenced.
• Attractive nuisance area with dangerous elements in the area of point last seen.
NOTE: It is important to remember that some scenarios may present and look like others.