Any pet can meet with this tragic situation but the most likely
pet is one that someone feels is causing a disturbance or causing them a problem.
- Dogs that bark a lot or jump at the fence when some one walks by.
dogs that regularly roam or go into the yards of others.
- Situation where a family
member or close friend does not like the pet or feels it should not be at the residence.
that someone may feel are a danger to the neighborhood. This is common feeling with Pitbulls and Rottweiler's.
- Dogs or that get out frequently, the escape artist.
pet that someone may feel is being neglected or mistreated by its owner or someone in the area. (Whether real or not)
- An unusual number of missing pets recently in the area
where there are homeowners that are particular about their landscaping, garden or lawns
where there is an aggressive child with a suspected history of cruelty. (This is the rarest of situations but there is a definite
profile for these adolescents and teenagers).
- Witnesses may report rumor or
knowledge of neighbor with a humane trap or threatening to "do something about that dog"
- Revenge can also be in this category but differs from the stolen pet in that the pet is not removed from its
property but is in a public place or on some else's property.
Return to main page The dog that is Intentionally Displaced
Continue to Leads, Characteristics & Sightings for The Intentionally Displaced dog