following leads and sightings may be in evidence:
are no sightings in the local area.
- Pets that disappear when weather is warm and car windows
- There is a train station nearby with open freight cars.
are moving and moving vans doors are left open and unattended.
- Construction, or repairman's
vehicle, school bus or other service vehicles parked in the area with the doors open.
are going on vacation and leave doors to van, trailer, camper, trailer, boat open.
may have sightings farther away and owner may discount because pet could not have traveled that far on their own.
- Upon questioning, witness alerts pet owner to service vehicles in area.
- Rumor or sightings
of pet jumping out of a vehicle.
- Someone calls from a distance away and explains that "this
dog just showed up here"
- Service or construction personnel report dog was hanging around
Return to the main page Accidental Transport
Continue to case study... Accidental Transport